CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

YOU CAN'T OUT GIVE GOD


This is one of my favorite stories to tell,and even though it happened many years ago I do believe that I am still feeling the effects of it to this day.
For those of you who are just joining us and have not read any of my earlier stories we were talking about a time when things were difficult . There was little if any money and four mouths to feed. But I wouldn't trade those hard times for anything because that was beginning of seeing God in a tangible way in my life.
This day began with with all the signs of being one of those difficult days. I awoke to find that our phone had been disconnected. I had been doing all sorts of odd jobs to try to make ends meet while at home raising four children.
I got a neighbor to watch the kids and made what was becoming a familiar trip downtown to have some service reconnected. While driving downtown I began to talk with the Lord. And oddly enough He began to talk back. I mean really talk back. Well ok, the voice was as clear as if He were sitting in the seat next to me. I heard Him very clearly say to me."Charlot you know that money you have put back to pay the other bills, I want you to give it to a church, not your church but I will show you. I continued to drive and parked the car in a lot downtown. I got out and walked around the building to my destination. As I rounded the corner , I saw a man standing out on the sidewalk passing out tracks. I had seen him before and on occasion we had spoken. This particular day as I asked how he was he began to share with me how the Lord had blessed him and he said that he was opening a little church for all the people he had led to the Lord on the street over the years. As he spoke I clearly heard the Lord say "Charlot, this is the church that I want you to give your money to. So I opened my wallet and gave this man all the cash that I had saved and He thanked me as I turned to go. I went into the place of business and as I was standing in the long line, it was as if the Lord walked up and tapped me on the shoulder and said "Charlot you were not obedient, I asked you to give it all." So I turned and walked back out side and back up to the man . I took out all of the checks that I had and signed them over to him. This sweet big man put his hands on my shoulders and began to pray and he told me to watch out that God was about to open the windows of heaven. He once again thanked me and I headed home. Well I did not give the money to get anything in return but like I said you can't out give God. That very night while I was sharing a salad at a restaurant because that was all we could afford I found a very large stack of money on the floor. I contacted the employees and they could find no one that claimed it so I was able to keep it. With in a week I had a job that ended up paying me $400,00 a day plus all my expenses. A job that I had no training for and others who had gone to school in that field kept telling my "you don't understand this just doesn't happen to which I would always reply " You don't understand ...My God is big." I ended up working in that freelance job for 12 years and have so many God stories where God showed Himself supernaturally that I wrote a little book filled with my favorite ones. I hope you enjoyed this one tonight. Lord willing I will share another with you tomorrow. Nite all

0 comments: