CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

LITTLE VISIONS

In the previous story, I told you how the Lord opened up a job for me for which I had no training. The job was as a freelance prop master where my job was to meet with the director and producer and discuss the scene in a television commercial and occasional movie . My job as prop master was to go out and find all of the props needed to create the scene for which the director described to me. I stayed in that job for some twelve years. There were many opportunities for me to see the hand of God, for there were many situations where I needed Him. Many of these situations began with stress and ended with praise. In this particular job often I would have a producer come in from out of town and demand some rather unusual items to be brought to the set . On this particular shoot we were working with Michael Jordan at the Talladega Race Track. This particular director wanted an old bicycle built for two, a particular color, make and model. And of course he wanted it yesterday. When shooting a commercial where they were spending this kind of money on an hourly rate, you did not want to be the one to hold things up. The moment that the director asked for me to find this item, I went to my car and began to pray. I asked the Lord to show me where I could find this bicycle that the director was requesting and as I prayed I had a vision of a particular spot across town. I cranked up my car and drove to that spot and as I pulled up to park my car a lady crossed in front of my car with that exact bicycle. The very make, model and color. I quickly got out of the car and introduced myself to her and explained my job. I asked her if she would be willing to rent the bike to me for a couple of days for considerable amount of money. She agreed. You can call it coincident...I call it God. Especially since it kept happening. As time went on and I continued to seek the Lord diligently the visions grew from little moments where I needed Him and He showed up to Visions for other people whom I was asked to pray for. Often times for other people that I had never met. One such story God used to draw me into an area now where I am involved in praying for something world wide. We will, I'm sure get to that story in God's time.
This particular vision was for a woman in Washington whom as I've stated I have never met.
I received a phone call early one morning after just dropping my daughter off at school. In this phone call I was asked to pray for a woman but was told that they felt led to only give me her name. Well I did not know if she was young, old , sick , in need of a job, it simply could of been anything. But as I was driving at the mention of her name I began to have a vision in front of my eyes (yes my eyes were open...i was still driving the car) This was a first, usually I was in prayer at home alone when the Lord would show me things. I relayed the vision to the person on the phone and told them that when I got home I would get alone and pray and if the Lord gave me more that I would call. Well about two days later I was blown away. I could see so much detail of her life that there was no way I could see on my own. I could see that she was in a second marriage and that she had two children that had been taken from her by her first husband but the Lord showed me that they were coming back to her. I could see both her first and second husband in detail, description of how they looked and such things for example as that I knew that they were pilots. God showed me what I needed to see to pass on to her through the other party who asked me to pray. I asked the Lord to give me scripture to confirm that I was to pass this on to her and He did. Basically the message was that God loved her and He was with her. That He was in control and her children would be coming back to her. The next week I was forwarded a piece of a message that the woman I had prayed for had sent to her friends and in that email she told them how that when she had walked into the court on Monday that she had a peace that God was indeed with her and that she would get her children back because a woman who had prayed for her who only knew her name was given revelation of her entire situation and confirmed that the Lord was returning her children to her. She left that courtroom with custody of her children and praise in her heart. I was grateful that the Lord used me to help that particular woman but often I think it did more for me that it did for her. You can't experience something like that and not be changed. I continued to seek the Lord and He continued to show Himself .
From the time my children were born I have prayed for them. When my oldest daughter, Brittany was a little girl, around the age of two. We had an encounter with someone that stayed with me for over twenty years. While out shopping at an antique mall one afternoon I met a man who told me things about my life that at the time I did not understand how he could know.
(until as my relationship with the Lord grew and I began to find myself in situations with strangers and the Lord would tell me what to say to them) Each thing that this man would tell me he would begin by saying "I am led of the Lord to tell you" and he would proceed to tell me things, (another story for another day) anyway at the end of our meeting he said " I am led of the Lord to tell you that your children will be greatly used of God in the Last days." With that he disappeared, ok not in front of my eyes but he did walk to the side of the building where it was wooded and when I walked around the building to see where he went he was no where to be found. I pondered those words for twenty years until one day when I got a phone call from Brittany who lived on the other side of town and she told me of a dream that she had, it was a very spiritual dream and not long after her first dream she and I began to have the same dreams on the same night with no conversation before hand. One dream that we both experienced on the same night was simply that we both saw water come up in the same spot in Alabama and cover the entire world. When I woke I knew that it was a spiritual dream and asked the Lord what it meant. I said Lord I know from your word that you will never again cover the world with water to destroy us so what does this dream mean. I immediately heard clearly Habakkuk 2:14 . Well I don't know that I had ever read the book of Habakkuk much less be able to tell you what the verse said but when I looked it up it indeed confirmed my dream. The verse says " But the time is coming when the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea." Not long after looking up the verse my phone rang and it was Brittany and she said "mom, I had a dream" and she began to describe the same dream that I had . Once again you can call it coincident but I call it God. I have no doubt that this is where we are headed. And I simply can't wait for the day. Until then, I'll keep sharing my little stories with you in hopes to encourage you to be a God Chaser...if your not already.

0 comments: