CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

HEARING GOD'S VOICE

Well I finally managed to get my first blog posted around 4am this morning..I think I got 3 hours of sleep. For those of you out there like me- clueless about computers- don't try to set up your first blog site and facebook all in the same night. Seriously I had so much fun with facebook catching up with old friends; hearing there own God Stories. One from Tracy about her son Kyle brought tears to my eyes . I"ll ask her if I can share it with you all.
Yesterday I shared with you how my journey began with wanting to know God and to hear His voice after hearing the story of Abraham in the bible. As I continued to search the scriptures I found that there are a number of verses that tell us we will hear his voice. John 10:3 says we hear His voice and come to Him. He calls us by name and leads us. Abraham followed God not knowing where he was going. I told the Lord " I will go anywhere, say anything, do anything, I'm yours. total surrender. One of my strongest memories of hearing the Lord speak to me clearly was when my boys Brock and Tyler were little. One rainy afternoon, I was sitting on my front porch waiting for the boys to be dropped off after school. I was in a carpool with my neighbor and it was her day to pick up from school. While sitting there I heard His voice, within my spirit say "Charlot, Tyler will not be coming home from school today." Tyler was in kindergarten at the time and was due home soon. I had a deep peace within but knew it was truth. Within moments the phone rang and it was my neighbor calling to say "I don't want you to panic but we can't fine Tyler." As I drove to the school I had a peace that I could not explain and fully expected to find Tyler standing outside the school when I arrived, but he was not. There in front of the school was the principal and a few teachers; everyone else had gone home. They explained to me how that Tyler's class had a substitute teacher that day and she had gone home unaware that Tyler was even missing. For all they knew he could of been missing since recess. They told me they had searched the building but he was no where to be found. Still I couldn't explain the peace I had. As we were standing in front of the school another teacher went back into Tyler's
room for another look. There in the corner of the room, inside a little playhouse was my Tyler fast asleep. She did not wake him but came out to give me the news and when she did I collapsed in her arms in tears. He was indeed safe. God was gracious to tell me ahead of time what I was about to encounter. He held my heart and assured me all was okay. I love hearing the voice of God. Once you hear it you want to be so sensitive to listening for Him. Not wanting to miss anything He had to say, I began to fine tune my ears. He began to fine tune my life. ..............................

0 comments: