CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BEGIN AT THE BEGINNING



Today when at bible study I found myself sharing stories of how God had made Himself real to me over the years . As I shared these stories people were asking me if I had a copy of a little book that I had put together with many of the first stories. I had been feeling that it was time to write a second little book of all the new stories I wanted to share. At dinner tonight my kids were telling me about blogs and I thought this might be a new way to share my stories. So for those of you who are out there and listening I hope these stories bless you and reach you on what ever level you find yourself tonight.
For those of you who have never heard any of my stories I will begin at the beginning which as Pooh says is a very good place to begin. It was a dark and stormy night, no wait thats another story. My dad used to tell us that story over and over when we were little, but as we grew dad began to tell us stories from the bible. One story stayed with me over the years, it was the story of Abraham, the friend of God. What struck me most about this story was that Abraham had a meal with God, God talked with him. I would read stories from the Bible that were very powerful and yet did not really see that power in the world in which I lived. So I began to inquire as to where that power was today. As I began my search the verse God gave me was Hebrews 11:6 which states that those who come to God must believe that He exist and that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. And so began my journey. I told the Lord that I wanted to know Him on that level, like Abraham, no matter what it took ; if it meant losing everything!
My marriage that had been unraveling for years was now completely coming apart. I spent hours alone with the Lord seeking to know Him. As time went on we faced times with no money to pay the bills or to buy groceries. This is when God began to show up. God was teaching me to trust Him and be specific and one morning when I awoke to find that there was no milk in the house for my four children I dropped to my knees in my den and told the Lord that I needed milk right then. I got up and went out to the driveway to get some papers from my car and my neighbor opened her window and said to me "we're going to the beach for two weeks and I have a new gallon on milk could you use it? God met the need for milk for my children in the moment but far beyond that God met the need in my soul to know Him. We had begun a real relationship and there was no turning back for me. As time went on the relationship grew sweeter and the stories bigger. And I will tell you more...tomorrow....goodnight all.

0 comments: