CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

THE PURPOSE OF A VISION


Occasionally I am asked what purpose does a vision serve. I think there may be several different reasons God gives us visions. I know that there are times when I am given a vision to pray for the protection of others, often strangers.

Here is one such story:

The Lord had been speaking to me for some time about what it means to take up the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:17) He taught me that Jesus spoke the Word out loud and took authority over many situations. I had been hearing the Lord ask me to be willing to open my mouth and speak when He asked me to and not be concerned about what others around me thought of me.

On this particular morning I got up very early to sit with the Lord. As I sat in praise, the Lord began to give me a vision. It began with a digital clock posting a specific time. After he showed me the clock I began to have a very clear vision of a man walking into a school alone. I could draw the school. Next I saw him go into a classroom and line the children up against the chalkboard. I saw his weapons. And a number of other things. Finally I saw him lying dead. I knew that although I did not have all the details God did and I knew that I was to pray for the protection of those children..So I began to pray and I prayed until I felt released to get up. I was going through my morning chores and went to back my car out of the garage to clean it. As I backed out on the driveway and went to put the car in park my eyes fell on the clock. It was the exact time that I had seen in the vision earlier that morning and I knew what the Lord wanted me to do. I put the car in park and stepped out onto the driveway. And then with a very loud voice I began to do warfare for those children. Praying against any weapon formed against them, covering them in the blood of Jesus, claiming their protection. I can only imagine what my neighbors must of thought seeing me standing in my driveway ,shouting to the top of my lungs, But it didn't matter, this was what the Lord asked me to do.

We simply need to obey not asking why or being concerned about what others might think of us.

Later that same day while over at my sisters house helping one of her children with homework on the computer we came across the news that a man had entered a school in Colorado and the story played out just like I had drawn it in my journal that morning. Children's lives were spared. I will never know exactly what took place at the exact moment that the Lord showed me the clock and had me do warfare. But when I saw the news of the children that he had released I praised God for allowing me to intercede on behalf of those children.

Aren't you glad Jesus intercedes for us.

0 comments: