CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE PURE ROAD












Early one morning, while visiting a dear friend at the beach, God gave me a vision.

I was out on the deck overlooking the beach.
I was praising the Lord and began to ask the Lord what He would like to speak to me on that particular day.
As I was praying the Lord showed me a clock with the time displayed at 6:15. He showed me other things and I journaled them in my notebook.

As the day went on I visited with my friend till it was time to leave. We said our goodbyes and I started out on what was a familiar four hour drive home. While driving my usual habit is to spend time praising the Lord and I usually begin my drive by asking the Lord to show me something with my physical eyes and speak to me in my spirit. A couple of hours down the road and lost in conversation with the Lord I suddenly heard very clearly in my spirit "look at the clock" and at the moment that I did the clock said 6:15 just as I had seen in the vision earlier that morning. As I raised my head my eyes fell on a little old country road sign that said "PURE ROAD" and it was on the corner of a small old PURE gas station. As I continued to drive the Lord began to speak to me about Matthew 5:8 which says

" Blessed are the PURE in heart for they shall SEE God."

My heart had been crying out to the Lord for a number of years. "I want to see you Lord." The Lord had been purifying me over the years as I had been seeking His face.

I woke the next morning and headed to a tennis match across town. As I left the club that day I began my usual request :

"Lord show me something with my physical eyes and speak to my spirit."

No sooner had I finished saying those words that I looked up and there in front of my eyes was a very large billboard with giant letters saying nothing but "KEEP IT PURE". My heart cried "I hear you Lord." The next day in a totally different part of town after leaving a bible study I again asked the Lord "show me something with my physical eyes and speak to my spirit." And again I looked up and there above my car was another large billboard with only the words "KEEP IT PURE." Now I'm laughing...saying "thank you Lord...Purify me Lord."

The next day my husband and I head out to go back to our little place at the beach. And as usual I ask the Lord to speak to me. We had been on the road for just a little while when I heard the Lord speak to me in my spirit and say when you get to the little PURE gas station look at the clock. As soon as I saw the gas station the clock said 1:33 and he said look at the PURE ROAD sign again. This time I noticed that the sign that was joined to the PURE ROAD was road 331. I had not noticed it the first time. The Lord spoke to me about the road numbers being 331 and the time being the same number in reverse 133. There was a whole message in that which He began to unfold, but still the message was the same "stay on the PURE ROAD."

Later that evening as I went to spend time with the Lord , I went to pick up my bible and as I reached for the bible I hear the Lord say in a very clear voice "Charlot do you want to KNOW that it is really Me speaking with you and telling you to walk the PURE ROAD?" He said "then pick up the book under your bible," My Utmost for His Highest " and look and the scripture reading for today. I opened it up and the verse was Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the PURE in heart for they shall SEE God.

Just telling this story again blesses me. To know that as I type these words He is right here with me. And as you read these very words He is right there with you waiting to talk to you. We were created to fellowship with the Lord.

Ask Him to speak to you and then listen for His still small voice.

2 comments:

charlot said...

I am laughing as I write this as a reminder that the moment that I finished writing this blog and pushed the button to post it the clock on the computer said 1:33.

PURIFY ME LORD...I LOVE YOU

Ashley said...

That is Him showing for sure...AMAZING! So here is another confirmation...as I had my quiet time with the Lord last night this exact words where in my study..."It doesn't matter whether you are single career woman or married with nine children under the age of ten, it doesn't matter whether you are nineteen or ninty,God is preparing you daily for something GREAT. He wants you to be willing to let Him PURIFY you, FORTIFY you, and GROW you up in Him." how about that for powerful?... He is so good and I give Him all the GLORY and PRAISE!!