CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Point Of Grace

A cottage by the sea. Ahhh...It has been a life long dream of mine to own a home at the beach, with a view of the ocean. We have been visiting the Destin area beaches with it's white, sweeter than sugar, sand for years. One taste of it and you will crave it more than any sugar substance you've ever had a longing for. Or at least this has been my experience.

Though there are many things that we enjoy in this life, none will ever fully satisfy. We were created for a relationship with the Lord who created us. We were made to fellowship with Him.
And though I have been blessed to enjoy many things in this world, none touches me as when I am in His presence. Like the ocean that I long to return to time after time, once I met Jesus I long to be with HIM again and again.

Over the years I have come to give my life to the Lord, holding nothing back. I have made it my purpose to give Him my all. He gave His all to me. He is my delight, and yet He says that He delights to give me the desires of my heart.

The Lord knows my heart and He knows I have a desire for a place at the beach.
Not to mention that I have been praying for one for years. Always with the heart attitude of Jesus who said "not my will but yours Father."

My husband and I began to look seriously about a year ago when our last child went off to college. The fun of looking helped ease the pain of the empty nest syndrome. I miss my kids!


Well after a long search, we have finally found one. A week ago we made the offer. The owner didn't budge! My heart sank. I went away to pray, and to turn it over ,asking God if it was His will or simply my own. I had to surrender; sometimes its a struggle with the flesh. The Spirit won. I gave it over.

The next day my husband decided to make a counter offer. We gave the owner twenty four hours to respond.

The home sits a top a hill with ocean views off the frount porches. The side porches overlook the golfcourse. My husband and I enjoy golf, so our agent worked it our for a complimentary round of golf the next day while waiting for the response to our offer.

As it often happens in golf, you are paired up to play with people whom you have never met. Such was the case this particular day.

We were enjoying a fun round of golf, on a beautiful golf course. The others we were paired with were so pleasent. We told them how we had made an offer on a house next to the golf course and were waiting on the call from the agent .

Finally the call came in. The owner had accepted our offer...Praise the Lord. The others playing with us were rejoicing with us at our good news.

I had been praying about what name I would give the new beach house if we actually got this one. Everyone down here names their beach house, just for fun. I told the Lord I wanted the name to come from Him.

I had been asking the Lord for favor (Grace) the entire time we looked. God tells us every good gift comes from Him. I know that everything I have comes from Him. The most precious gift I ever received was through Gods Grace. He sent His Son to die for my sins...What a gift!

The name of the street is pointe street. I thought," what do you do with pointe?" But I had asked the Lord to come up with a name. And He did. For there on the golf course when we received the good news that we got the beach house, we discovered that we were playing golf with people from the Christian singing group "Point of Grace". I knew in an instant that would be the name we would give to our new home.

I look forward to many wonderful times in our new home at the beach. A point where I will put down roots and remember I am always rooted in Christ due to Gods Good Grace.





0 comments: