CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

THE PIERCING OF MY HEART

Have you ever been hurt by the words of someone you love? I dare say we all have at some point in time.

There is a line from a popular song that reads something like this..."Shot through the heart and your to blame...you give love a bad name."

Christ calls us to love one another as He loved us. Ephesians 5 tells us to be imitators of God and walk in love as Christ loved us.

John 13:34 states "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you love one another."

Was Christ love conditional??? Not at all.

Colossians 2:13 says "He has forgiven you ALL your trespasses."

Jeremiah 33:8 says " I will pardon all their iniquities."

Isaiah 43:25 states " I even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;And I will NOT REMEMBER them.

Are you holding a grudge with someone? Has someone let you down? Have you decided to cut that person off. No longer consider them to be a friend.

Ephesians 5 states " And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God..." He gave of Himself...is your attitude such that says I'm cutting that person off because there not GIVING TO ME WHAT I NEED?

Reverse that, Christ says we are to give ourselves to them not the other way around.

Like the lyrics from the song are you giving LOVE a bad name? If you call yourself a Christian are you showing forth the Love of Christ; the love that He says will forgive seventy times seven? At what number do you decide to no longer BE A FRIEND?

John 15:12-14- "Greater love has no one than this,to lay down ones life for his friends."

Matt.6:14-15 states " But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your father forgive your trespasses."

Those here on this earth that we love can indeed hurt us but praise God His word tells us
in Isaiah 54:10" For the mountains shall depart
And the hills be removed,
But my kindness shall not depart from you,
Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,"
Says the Lord, who has MERCY ON YOU.


Has a friend turned their back on you? Take heart the Lord says in Psalms 27:10
"When my father and mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me."

Has someone you love left you...Hebrews 13:5 Says
"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Proverbs 17:17 states...
"A friend LOVES at
all times." (not some times)

Be a true friend...Love them as Christ LOVES you!!!

Lord, help me to be that friend.

0 comments: