CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A DAY TO REMEMBER

Today we remember those who lost their lives in the terrorist attack on the World Trade
Towers. On this day seven years ago these two towers crumbled in a cloud of dust. Here you see them pictured with a brilliant light forming a cross. And I am reminded of what scriptures tells us of the spiritual war that we are in.

Ephesians 6:12 says " For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Like the terrorist who want to destroy America , we as Christians have an enemy who is out to destroy us.

1 Peter 5:8 says "Be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

Some years ago I had a dream.

Before the world trade center towers fell.

In this dream there were people I knew , friends and people I worked with on one side and on the other side was an army dressed in white. I knew that the army was the Lords army and that I was supposed to be a part of His army.

In the dream I was going back and forth between the two sets of people.

Suddenly there was a war and I found myself on top of a tall building, much like the towers that fell.

The building was shaking out of control and I found myself moving closer and closer to the edge of the building. I was trying to save people and I found myself hanging on to the edge of the building and with that I woke up.

That same morning I got a call from my daughter, Brittany. I could tell from her voice that she was shaken up. She said " mom I had a dream"

For those of you who have never read any of my stories Brittany is my oldest daughter who was prophesied over as a little girl that she would be greatly used of God in the last days. I pondered those words for twenty years till one day she began to have very spiritual dreams and then suddenly she and I were having the same dreams on the same night.

On this particular day that is what happened. She, living across town and with no conversation with me, dreamed the same dream as I had dreamed but she said "Mom, I saw you fall to your death." This is why she was so upset. Where in my dream I woke just before I could fall. She saw me fall.

I was not upset by the dream, I knew it was a dream from the Lord so I just went to him for understanding. I came to believe that the death was a spiritual death. Which is what the Lord ask of each of us.

Luke 9:23-24 states " If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it."

Romans 12:1 tells us to present our bodies a living sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.And verse 2 tells us not to be conformed to this world.

In the dream I saw a army dressed in White, many places in the bible Gods word speaks of us being clothed in white. One example is found in Revelation 3:5 which says " He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments and I will not erase his name from the book of life and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angles."

2Timothy 2:3-4 speaks of us as Soldiers of Christ. It reads "Suffer hardship with me as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him."

In the dream I knew that I was to come out from among those who I had been with who were not following Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 " Now we command you brethren,in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you keep away from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us."

In the dream the building was shaking out of control. God's word tells us in Hebrews 12:26 that ONCE MORE I WILL SHAKE NOT ONLY THE EARTH BUT ALSO THE HEAVENS."

"SEE TO IT THAT YOU DO NOT REFUSE HIM WHO IS SPEAKING for if those did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape who turn away from HIM who warns from heaven." Hebrews 12:25

There is a war going on and it is a war for your soul.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome Awesome Awesome....May God continue to Bless you and yours..He is so AMAZING...may we continue to praise Him and give Him all the glory!!!

Love You,
Your Sister in Christ