CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BE AGLOW WITH THE SPIRIT
























A few years ago I was asked to speak
at a small church about an hour from my home.

It was a small church out from town that I had visited a number of times and was growing to love.

On this particular night after I spoke, a young lady from the service approached me and she had her hand up in front of her eyes as she spoke to me.

She told my she enjoyed the message I gave and when I asked her why she held her hand over her eyes she said

"The light around you is so bright that I can not look at you."

I left that night trying not to give too much thought to what she had said, until it happened again.

Then I was reminded of a time when the Lord first called me to total surrender to Him and how right after that I was in line at a little hot dog stand and the elderly man behind the counter came over to me and said "honey I see your spirit all over you." Now I was questioning what exactly did he see? Did he see what this young lady had seen?

Not long after this I was having dinner at a restaurant here in town. I had been asking the Lord for divine appointments with people. That He would send people to me that He wanted me to tell about Him.

My husband and I were meeting a couple that we only saw once a year for dinner.
We were seated with one friend and were waiting for his girlfriend to arrive, who had been caught in traffic.

When she walked up to the table and sat down we barely said hello and she blurted out to me ...

"when I walked in and saw you, the light around you was so bright that I could hardly look at you."

She went on to say "I just bought a bible and have been asking God to show me the truth and when I saw you I knew that you were going to tell me. "

With that the guys excused them selves from the table and I moved closer to her and began to share the gospel with her. I told her how Jesus had come, born of a virgin. That He suffered and died on a cross to pay for our sins, and that He rose from the grave and that He did all this because of His love for us. And right there at the table she bowed her head and asked Christ to come into her heart and save her.

Talk about a divine appointment!!!

The boys came back in , we had our dinner and went our separate ways. The next week she began attending church and is now walking out the life plan that God has for her.

There are a number of verses in the bible that tell us of people who had a radiant face that was visible to those around them.

Acts 6:15 tells us that Stephen face had the appearance of the face of an angel and that all who sat in the council were able to see it.

Exodus 34:29
says " When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the testimony in his hand, he did not know that the skin of his face shone and sent forth beams ..."

Romans 12:11 tells us " Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor :BE AGLOW AND BURNING WITH THE SPIRIT serving the Lord."

Ephesians 5 tells us to be imitators of God. This chapter talks much about the light of the Lord. Verse 14 says " Therefore He says AWAKE O SLEEPER and arise from the dead and Christ shall SHINE upon you and give you light.

Verse 8 states " For once you were darkness but now you are light in the Lord walk as children of Light (lead the lives of those native-born to the Light)

My hearts desire is to boldly proclaim Christ to the world. I continue to pray for divine appointments. I pray that as you read this if you have never asked Jesus to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior that this moment in time is your divine appointment. You are- not here by accident. God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.
+
John 3:16- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in (trust in ,relies on) Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

ROMANS 3:23 " All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"

Romans 6:23 "The wages of sin in death."

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

1Corinthians 15:3-6 "Christ died for our sins, He was buried, He was raised on the 3rd day according to the scriptures, He appeared to Peter then to the 12, after that He appeared to more than 500."

John 14:6 Jesus said to him "I am the way and the truth and the life NO one comes to the father but through me."

1John 1:12 "As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name."

Ephesians 2:8-9 " By grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourself, it is a gift of God, not as a result of works that no one should boast."

Revelations 3:20" Christ speaking "Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him.

1John 5:11-13 God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the son of God does not have life. these things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may KNOW (NOT HOPE) THAT YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

If you prayed to receive Christ you have just begun the great adventure!!!!


GOD BLESS.

0 comments: